Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mohsin Hamid's 10 favorite books

Mohsin Hamid, author of The Reluctant Fundamentalist, recently told Barnes & Noble's interviewer about his ten favorite books.

Here are the three that might be on my top ten list as well:
Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

A book I loved so much that I have never been able to bring myself to read it again. Romantic, glorious, and for me radiant with the possibilities of what a novel could be.

Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Because no one has ever written in more masterful a voice, and no one has ever been so funny while treating subjects so painfully grim.

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

For his understanding of human nature, the scope of his imagination, and his ability to tell a story that never lets you go.
Read about Hamid's top 10.

See the Page 69 Test: The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

--Marshal Zeringue