Monday, March 15, 2010

Lynda Bellingham's 6 best books

Lynda Bellingham is best-known for roles in All Creatures Great And Small and At Home With The Braithwaites. Her memoir Lost And Found: My Story is out now in Britain.

She told the Daily Express about her six best books. One title on the list:
One Hundred Years of Solitude
by Gabriel García Márquez

I love books evocative of a place or culture and this book is so poetic. It’s about life in South America and expresses everyday things from a not everyday perspective. It took over my life and when I finally finished it I was bereft. Off-the-wall and unique.
Read about the other books on Bellingham's list.

One Hundred Years of Solitude
made Rebecca Stott's five best list of historical novels. It is one of Walter Mosley's 5 favorite books, one of Eric Kraft's 5 most important books, and one of James Patterson's five most important books.

--Marshal Zeringue