Monday, September 17, 2018

Four books that changed Stephen Giles

Stephen Giles is the author behind the Ivy Pocket children's series, which has been translated into twenty-five languages. He lives in Australia. The Boy at the Keyhole is his first work for adults.

One of four books that changed the author, as shared at the Sydney Morning Herald:
THE LAST BATTLE
C. S. Lewis

The Narnia books were the first and best fantasy series I've ever read. My mother was a high school librarian and she brought the books home one at a time when I was nine or 10 and I devoured them with an intensity that was new and heady. The stories were utterly immersive and I remember holding the final book, The Last Battle, with something like awe. These books taught me that words are a kind of magic.
Read about the other entries on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue