Monday, October 14, 2019

Six of Randall Munroe's favorite books

Randall Munroe is the author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers What If? and Thing Explainer, the science question-and-answer blog What If, and the popular webcomic xkcd. A former NASA roboticist, he left the agency in 2006 to draw comics on the internet full-time.

Munroe's new book is How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems.

One of six favorite books the author recommended at The Week magazine:
Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond (2016).

I picked up this book one afternoon and ended up reading it in a single sitting, which I haven't done in a long time. It gave me perspective I didn't know I was missing.
Read about the other entries on the list.

Evicted is among Maris Kreizman and Angela Ledgerwood's 25 best books of 2016.

--Marshal Zeringue