Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rob Sheffield's 6 favorite books

Rob Sheffield has been a music journalist for more than twenty years. He is a columnist for Rolling Stone, where he writes about music, TV, and pop culture. He regularly appears on VH1. He is the author of the national bestseller Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time and Talking to Girls About Duran Duran: One Young Man's Quest for True Love and a Cooler Haircut.

Sheffield named his six favorite books for The Week magazine. One title on the list:
How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford

Two lonely teens meet, try to connect, keep failing. (Not that I can relate or anything.) I bought this novel last year at Grand Central Station because I loved the title and needed something for the train. All the way to Poughkeepsie, I kept thinking, Stop it. You can’t cry here. But I just couldn’t stop reading it. Still can’t.
Read about the other books on Sheffield's list.

--Marshal Zeringue