Friday, October 8, 2010

5 best books from Nobel winners who didn't win their medal for literature

At the Huffington Post, Sammy Perlmutter tagged the five best books from Nobel winners who didn't win their medal for literature.

One book on the list:
Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama

President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." He is also the author of three books, "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance," "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" and the soon-to-be-released children's picture book "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters." Among these, "Dreams from My Father," a poignant memoir written years before Obama began a political career, sheds an uncommon light on the commander in chief.
Read about all five books on the list.

Dreams from My Father also appears on Iain Finlayson's critic's chart of six books on young leaders.

--Marshal Zeringue