Monday, January 18, 2016

Samantha Hunt's six favorite books

Samantha Hunt is the author of the acclaimed first novel The Seas, The Invention of Everything Else, and the newly released Mr. Splitfoot.

One of Hunt's six favorite books, as shared at The Week magazine:
Hotel World by Ali Smith

The miniature is irresistible to me. Once, when I was a girl, I was given a set of tiny green lemonade glasses for my dollhouse and I swallowed the glasses whole as if they were pills. The books on this list elicit a similar reaction. Smith's short novel is broken into the even shorter narratives of five women in and around a hotel. Each microcosm offers an intensity that haunts the others. If I could eat this book, I would.
Read about the other books on the list.

Visit Samantha Hunt's website.

The Page 99 Test: The Invention of Everything Else.

--Marshal Zeringue