Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bob Mould's six favorite books

Bob Mould is an American musician, singer-songwriter, producer, and DJ. An original member of the influential 1980's band Hüsker Dü, he released several albums after the band separated, including Workbook, Body of Song and Life and Times as well as Sugar's legendary album Copper Blue. His memoir is See a Little Light: The Trail of Rage and Melody. One of Mould's six favorite books, as shared at The Week magazine:
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs

To my then 17-year-old eyes, this book was a revelation. The characters, the horrors, the comic tragedy... I couldn't put it down; I had to consume it in one sitting. Everything I thought I knew was instantly wrong after I'd seen the world through the twisted prism of William Lee.
Read about the other entries on the list.

Naked Lunch is among John Mullan's ten best drug experiences in literature.

--Marshal Zeringue