Monday, May 19, 2014

Six notable books about being a woman

Writer and performer Sandra Tsing Loh is a contributing editor to The Atlantic, host of the syndicated radio show The Loh Down on Science, and the author of several books including the newly released memoir, The Madwoman in the Volvo: My Year of Raging Hormones. One of her six favorite books about being a woman, as shared at The Week magazine:
Sex Tips for Girls by Cynthia Heimel

For my particular tribe of Boomer/Gen X'er females, Heimel's hilarious, wry, and surprisingly useful Sex Tips was our initiation. My college dorm-mates and I read sections aloud and fell off our pine-hewn loft beds weeping with laughter. "Zen and the Art of Diaphragm Insertion"? Such a funny essay it almost makes me miss diaphragms. Almost.
Read about the other entries on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue