Monday, August 3, 2015

Four books that changed Laura Lippman

Since the publication of her first novel in 1997, Laura Lippman has won virtually every major award given to U.S. crime writings, including the Edgar Award, Anthony Award, Agatha Award, Nero Wolfe Award, Shamus Award, and the Quill Award. She is a New York Times bestseller.

Lippman's novels include a number standalones as well as Hush Hush, her twelfth Tess Monaghan novel.

One of four books that changed the author, as shared at the Sydney Morning Herald:
Zuckerman Unbound
Philip Roth

One of the first books I bought for myself as an adult, not for a college class – and not in the half-price bookstore where I purchased most books in my 20s. It felt thrillingly adult to buy a hardcover book with a paper cover and it's a novel I re-read frequently. Perhaps that's because it centres on the unruly passions that a novelist can engender in readers.
Read about the other entries on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue