Katherine Reay is a national bestselling and award-winning author who has enjoyed a lifelong affair with books. She publishes both fiction and nonfiction, holds a BA and MS from Northwestern University, and currently lives outside Bozeman, MT, with her husband and too many dogs.
Her new novel is The Undercover Bookshop.
At People magazine Reay tagged eight "contemporary novels I’ve devoured this past year and offerings I believe any Christie aficionado will love." One title on the list:
The Guest List by Lucy FoleyRead about the other entries on the list.
This novel made a splash in 2020 but good books never lose their power so it’s equally worth picking up today. I’ve included it here particularly for its sense of place. Just like Michaelides and Christie, Foley takes advantage of her isolated location — this time an island off the coast of Ireland — and throws in storms, tension and the requisite twists and turns, to create an incredibly satisfying and page-turning mystery.
The Guest List is among Celia Laskey's eight wedding novels for all the lovers and the haters.
--Marshal Zeringue
.jpg)