Monday, January 13, 2014

Ten top addictive reads

Sophie Hannah is an internationally bestselling writer of psychological crime fiction.

At the Guardian she tagged ten top addictive reads, including:
Broken Harbour by Tana French

The most gripping crime novel I have read for a long time. So richly imagined, so intriguing – I was bereft when I finished it and realised I would have to wait a year for the next Tana French book. A family is found dead in a house on a ghost estate in Ireland, and there are strange holes in the walls and ceilings of their house, and cameras set up as if to film the holes. What can possibly be going on? I was so desperate to learn the answer that I was glued to this novel from start to finish. French is an addictive storyteller and creates a vividly complete fictional universe that lives on in your mind long after you've finished reading. All four of her novels are brilliant, but this one is the best.
Read about the other books on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue