Monday, November 26, 2018

Four books that changed Karen Foxlee

Karen Foxlee writes for children and adults. Her latest novel, Lenny's Book of Everything, is about a young boy who has a rare form of gigantism and won't stop growing.

One of four books that changed the author, as shared at the Sydney Morning Herald:
THE WRONG GRAVE
Kelly Link

One of my favourite collections of short stories contains my favourite story, "The Wizards of Perfil." I still get that feeling of wonder when I think about these short stories that are a mix of speculative fiction and horror but also so much more. Link's stories stop you in your tracks, fill you with dread, make you laugh, make you cry. I love these stories because the magic is so raw and earthy and real.
Read about the other entries on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue