Thursday, April 18, 2019

Ten great thrillers centered on psychology

Heather Gudenkauf's new novel is Before She Was Found.

At CrimeReads she tagged "ten masterfully told works of psychological suspense, featuring protagonists with exceptional psychological characteristics," including:
“See, there I am. I told you I lived. I told you I was.”

Camille Peaker is a journalist returning to her hometown to report on the murders of two young girls. Camille reluctantly accepts the assignment knowing that her visit to Wind Gap, MO will dredge up the long-buried childhood traumas that contributed to Camille’s self-harming practices which included etching words into her skin with a razor blade. Through her investigation into the grisly murders, Camille confronts her own demons past and present and comes out the other side, scarred, yes, but whole.
Read about the other entries on the list.

Sharp Objects is among Peter Swanson's ten top thrillers that explore mental health.

--Marshal Zeringue