Saturday, October 1, 2016

Santa Montefiore's six best books

Santa Montefiore is the bestselling novelist whose books include Secrets Of The Lighthouse, The Beekeeper’s Daughter, The French Gardener, The Perfect Happiness, and The Mermaid Garden. One of her six best books, as shared at the Daily Express:
FINGERSMITH by Sarah Waters

I’d love to come up with a plot as clever as this. The twists and turns punched me in the stomach. It’s about deception, very Gothic and a surprising love story as well. And the intricate details of Victorian England are fascinating. I feel like I’m there.
Read about the other books on the list.

Fingersmith is among Stuart Jeffries's five sexiest scenes in literature and Kirsty Logan's ten best LGBT sex scenes in literature.

The Page 69 Test: The Perfect Happiness.

The Page 69 Test: The Mermaid Garden.

My Book, The Movie: The Mermaid Garden.

--Marshal Zeringue